Enhanced Maternal And Child Health Nurse
City Of Casey
Narre Warren, VIC
- A number of permanent full time and part-time positions available
- Work within the Enhanced Maternal Child Health Team
- Starts at $109,621.41 per annum plus superannuation
The City of Casey is an ambitious, innovative and customer-focused Council driven by our vision of 'creating Australia's most liveable city'. As the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria, Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
Bunjil Place is a must-visit destination in Melbourne’s south east. It reflects and enhances the city’s rich diversity, inspiring an energetic and cosmopolitan atmosphere; and has become a lively meeting place.
About the role
This role sits within the Community Life division which strives to develop healthy, active, connected and safe communities through the delivery of community facilities, events, experiences and life cycle services from birth to older age.
The Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Nurse promotes the quality of life and independence of diverse families with young children by providing a range of support and develops partnerships working in collaboration with other community services and programs that work with culturally diverse families.
To be successful in this role you will have: a positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude about working within a team. You will be a dedicated and caring professional focused on children, women, and families.
You will be able to demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and reflective practice whilst being flexible and responsive to the changing needs of families and the MCH Service.
In this role you will:
- Post graduate qualifications in Maternal & Child Health Nursing
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) & Midwife with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Nursing experience within primary health care, health promotion and early intervention setting
- An understanding of the Victorian Maternal and Child Health Framework and Program Standards
- Current Working with Children check (or willing to obtain a WWCC)
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Willingness to undergo a Police Check
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment
- Hold a valid Victorian drivers’ licence
About our benefits
Our workplace has an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Professional Development Support
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Salary: starts at $109,621.41 per annum plus superannuation (band MCHYR1)
Applications close: 14 April 2021 at 11:55pm
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: