City Of Casey
Narre Warren, VIC
- Extensive experience in cafe operations, excellent customer service and people management skills
- A great opportunity for work/life balance with a 40 hour work week
- Full time permanent role with monthly RDO
The City of Casey is the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. The Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
At Casey we live our values of dreaming big, empowering each other and making our community proud.
The City of Casey workspace sits within Bunjil Place, located in Narre Warren, which is a must-visit destination in Melbourne’s south east. Bunjil Place reflects and enhances the city’s rich diversity, inspiring an energetic and cosmopolitan atmosphere; and has become a lively meeting place.
It offers an unprecedented mix of facilities, including an 800-seat theatre, multi-level community library, function centre, outdoor community plaza with big screen, City of Casey Customer Service Centre, café and more!
About the role
This role sits in the Functions and Events Services team as part of the Community Life division which strives to develop healthy, active, connected and safe communities through the delivery of community facilities, events, experiences and life cycle services from birth to older age.
In this role you will be the face of Bunjil Place Café and oversee the day-to-day management and operations the Café at Bunjil Place, providing support and assistance to the Functions, Events and Retail Teams to achieve the overall development strategy of being cultural and tourism destination
Responsibilities of this role include
- Supervise and direct the day-to-day activities of the Cafe and provide a positive end to end experience for all customers at Bunjil Place. Motivate and lead a team of casual Food and Beverage Attendants
- Provide creative and appropriate food and beverage concepts in consultation with the Head Chef and / or Coordinator to compliment the Theatre Performances, Plaza Events, Functions, and Internal Catering as required at Bunjil Place
- Follow accurate and responsible cash handling procedures in line with the City of Casey policy.
- Train, develop and roster cafe staff effectively to meet KPI’s.
- Maintain health and safety procedures in the cafe and manage Food Safety compliances and Food Safety Plan to ensure legislative standards are being met.
- Proven leadership experience in the operation of a professional and reputable café, preferably formal qualifications in a relevant hospitality course (diploma or degree)
- Food Safety Handlers Level 1 & 2 or equivalent, including Supervisory Level or equivalent
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certification
- Advanced First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Commitment to delivering high quality outcomes for customers and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of programs
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Salary: starts at $64,665 (Band 4) per annum plus superannuation
Applications close: 15 April 2021 at 11:55 pm
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: