People And Culture Initiatives Lead
City Of Casey
Narre Warren, VIC
- Newly created leadership role in a high performing People & Culture (P&C) team
- Lead and deliver high profile P&C projects
- Permanent part-time role
The City of Casey is an ambitious, innovative and customer-focused Council driven by our vision of 'creating Australia's most liveable city'. As the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria, Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
At Casey we live our values of dreaming big, empowering each other and making our community proud. We believe in developing our people through shared leadership, we encourage work life balance with flexible working options, we celebrate diversity and we offer a vibrant, inspiring work environment
About the role
This role sits in the People and Culture team as part of the Corporate Services division, that leads and builds capability, enabling effective delivery of services to our community.
This newly created position is a key leadership role within the People and Culture department and is a critical enabler of the City of Casey’s People Strategy and associated action plan. This position will demonstrate strong alignment to both Casey’s organisational values and the People and Culture customer service and employee experience approach.
In this role you will
- Drive the delivery of the action plan for the City of Casey’s People Strategy and Project Plan (People Plan), project managing and coordinating the work effort for all deliverables
- Use your strong technical P&C expertise, act as a trusted advisor to the Manager, People and Culture and Senior Advisor in the delivery of the City of Casey’s People Strategy and wider strategic projects
- On behalf of P&C, actively monitor and manage the relationships with nominated preferred external suppliers in line with contract terms and service level agreements
- Build strong working relationships both within People and Culture team and across the business to leverage strategic collaboration opportunities.
- Support and develop the People and Culture team including clearly defining expectations, fostering a cooperative team approach and a strong customer service focus.
- A relevant degree or diploma in Organisational Development, Human Resources, or other related field with several years of relevant working experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple moving tasks to deliver strategic and operational plans
- Deep expertise in leading and influencing senior stakeholders and external providers
- Qualifications or experience in driving high profile projects
- A passion for all things People and Culture!
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Salary: starts at $ 113,936 (Band 8) per annum plus superannuation
Applications close: 2 February 2020
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: