City Of Casey
Narre Warren, VIC
The City of Casey is an ambitious, innovative and customer-focused Council driven by our vision of 'creating Australia's most liveable city'. As the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria, Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
The City of Casey workspace sits within Bunjil Place, located in Narre Warren, which is a must-visit destination in Melbourne’s south east. Bunjil Place reflects and enhances the city’s rich diversity, inspiring an energetic and cosmopolitan atmosphere; and has become a lively meeting place.
About the role
This role sits in the City Presentation team as part of the City Planning and Infrastructure division which plans, designs, builds and maintains the City for our growing community.
The purpose of a Turf Crew is to ensure the playing surfaces and surrounds at sportsgrounds and recreation reserves are maintained to the highest standards required for their designated sport or purpose.
In this role you will
- Directly provide hands on experience to perform general maintenance work, renovation and development works at Council maintained sportsgrounds and recreation reserves including fertilising, weeding, drain and irrigation maintenance and turf replacement.
- Perform all general garden maintenance works including weeding, planting, fertilising, watering, mulching, pruning, spraying, raking and sweeping in accordance to industry best practice, Council policies and procedures.
- Operate a range of mechanical equipment and plant associated with general turf and gardening operations.
- Provide horticultural advice and information to other Council staff in accordance with professional, technical knowledge and industry best practice.
- Demonstrated experience in sportsground maintenance and surrounds maintenance including use of a broad range of plant and equipment and basic mechanical skills.
- Experience in the supervision of staff, including apprentices and work experience students.
- Certificate III in a Horticulture discipline, or equivalent trade experience in the sportsground industry.
- Current AgVet Chemical Users Certificate is desirable
- Current driver's license (preferably with Light Truck Endorsement)
- Functional Assessment (Physio/Medical Examination)
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Check
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Salary: starts at $ 60,476 (Band 3) per annum plus superannuation
Applications close: 28 Jan 2020
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: