Strategic Projects And Operations Officer - Maternity Leave
City Of Casey
Narre Warren, VIC
- Must have a strong business analyst and systems background
- Full-time limited tenure (maternity cover) until October 2020
- Competitive salary and great benefits including monthly RDO
The City of Casey is an ambitious, innovative and customer-focused Council driven by our vision of 'creating Australia's most liveable city'. As the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria, Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
About the role
This role sits in the City Presentation and Business Support team as part of the City Planning and Infrastructure division. The department maintains all of Casey’s facilities, infrastructure, parks and open spaces and manages all of Council’s 1500 buildings and structures, valued at $370 million, which includes aquatic centres, offices, theatres, and sporting pavilions.
The Strategic Projects and Operations Officer will have a strong business analyst and systems background with a demonstrated ability to implement business systems processes improvements and changes across large teams.
Some of the responsibilities in this role include
- Providing advice and assistance with ongoing development of internal business processes, and developing policies and procedures as required
- Assisting with service reviews, continuous improvement, process reviews and system reviews and implementation of improvements
- Co-ordinating and supervising contractors in the collection and management of City Presentation benchmarking data and information, ensuring works are carried out within budget and time constraints
- Preparing presentations and reports for the manager and leadership team
- Experience in business process and system improvement
- Proven experience in the use and management of an asset management system or customer request system in a local government environment
- Experience in the use of a Geographical Information System
- Valid drivers licence
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Position Description: here
Salary: starts at $87,240 (Band 6) per annum plus superannuation
Applications close: 6 February 2020
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: